Everything You Need To Know About All-On-4
The All-On-4 dental implant is a ground-breaking procedure that takes the success of dental implant treatments one step further. Introduced in Australia in 2005, this innovative, new approach offers a permanent solution to replacing decayed, lost or extracted teeth.
It differs from mainstream dental implants in four significant ways: only 4 implants are needed, you will have teeth immediately in just 1-3 days, no bone grafting is needed and it has a 98% success rate. Ultimately, All-On-4 offers the perfect permanent alternative to dentures.
How does the All-on-4 implant work?
A dental implant is a small fixture that is placed into the jawbone to support a tooth or dental bridge. These fixtures form part of and support the groundwork for the replacement teeth. Using this method to replace all teeth requires just two implants placed at the front and two at the back.
Why is this option considered so revolutionary?
The implants positioned at the back of the mouth are slanted at a 45º angle in order to offer the required support and eliminate the need for bone grafting due to bone deficiencies.
Here are a few more reasons why the All-On-4 procedure is a great alternative to dentures.
Benefits of the All-on-4 procedure:
- Fewer implants improve the procedure’s success rate andensureoptimal results.
- Lower cost as only 4 implants are used, compare to traditional method which require 6-8 implants and bone grafting.
- There is less-complicated long-term maintenance and a simpler cleaning process.
- This method allows for the prosthetic teeth to be put in place within 1-3 days after the surgery, thereby reducing the procedure time by months.
- Fewer components ensure dental practitioners the versatility to plan and design treatment plans that offer maximum function and aesthetic value.
The concept behind the All-On-4 procedure is highly sophisticated and requires the advanced skills of a qualified dentist operating ina suitably equipped dental practice. The Point Dental is proud to be an expert in the All-On-4 procedure. To see if you’re suitable, contact our friendly team today!