All-on-4 vs traditional dental implants
Melbourne’s leading All-on-4 clinic for dental implants
If you no longer have a full set of natural teeth it might be time to weigh up your implant options. The All-on-4 implant treatment has a 98% success rate and is an exciting new frontier in implant dentistry.
The reason our patients are impressed by All-on-4 is because they deliver life-changing results, and fast. Contact our All-on-4 implant specialists at The Point Dental , to arrange a complimentary consultation.
What are traditional implants?
Traditional implants are methods of implanting teeth and dentures that you may be familiar with. Some of these procedures are outdated, expensive, and outright invasive. Here are some of the most popular still in play today:
- Single tooth implants are replacements of single teeth that consist of a crown (the top of the tooth) attached to an implant embedded in the jaw.
- Over dentures support loss of several teeth and jaw bone structures. This procedure is usually employed after having teeth lost for around 10 years or more.
- Bone grafting replaces jaw bone that has been worn away from years of having no teeth. This is a painful and invasive procedure that takes many months to recover from.
How do All-on-4 differ from traditional dental implants?
All-on-4 implants are an attractive option if you’re missing multiple or full sets of teeth. Teeth can deteriorate through age, illness, or accident and All-on-4 offers a revolutionary procedure to reinstall your smile.
There are some key differences between the All-on-4 procedure and the traditional method of dental implants:
- All-on-4 is a fast procedure that takes 1-3 days compared to traditional implants which can take up to 12 months
- Recovery time for All-on-4 is short and avoids a lengthy healing process
- All-on-4 uses 4 dental implants per teeth arch rather than traditional implants which use 6 – 8
For these reasons patients find this cutting edge implant procedure preferable, less time consuming and with almost immediate results.
Why is All-on-4 a much faster treatment than traditional implants?
All-on-4 is a much faster procedure because unlike traditional implants it does not involve bone grafting. Often tooth loss is the result of bone loss in the jaw. The traditional implants method may require bone to be reconstructed first.
Implants that require bone grafting involve a lengthy healing process of up to 12 months. They also involve multiple stages of treatment and a temporary denture while the bone graft heals.
As the lengthy and costly bone grafting procedure is avoided, the recovery time for All-on-4 implants is remarkably fast. The new teeth are able to be placed within a matter of days.
To learn more, watch our animation video of the All-on-4 procedure.
When should I consider All-on-4 dental implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are an ideal solution for patients who need to replace all or most of their natural teeth. It may also be an option if:
- You experience advanced gum disease and loose teeth
- You dislike removable dentures or find them unstable, or uncomfortable
- You have been told that traditional implants would not work due to insufficient bone in the jaw
*Please note that All-on-4 is not the recommended implant option for every patient. Please consult directly with one of our friendly clinicians to discuss your specific options.
Can I be confident with All-on-4 implant results?
The success rate for All-on-4 implants is considered by medical professionals to be around 98%. At The Point Dental clinic, All on 4 is one of the most predictable procedures we do.
Our All-on-4 experts receive specialist training by the Malo Institute, who are the creators of this method.
We see incredible transformations and a high level of satisfaction from our patients who opt for All-on-4 treatment. But it’s best to hear it from them, because the joy many express after this treatment is very moving.
“The All-on-4 implants just made me feel alive again, you made me the happiest person in Seabrook” – Anthony
“The All-on-4 implants are amazing, I’ll have to get used to not hiding my smile now” – Peter
“To me All-on-4 implants were my only option and I’m very pleased, it’s just fantastic” – Debbie
Of course, there are some risks associated with the procedure. Patients may feel some slight swelling and discomfort in the recovery phase. There’s also a slight chance of infection following completion. However, this is easily rectified with another consultation with our dentists.
Contact our All-on-4 clinic at The Point Dental today
At the Point Dental we understand that All-on-4 dental implants may feel like a big decision. For this reason, we offer unparalleled support, care and expertise so you can decide on a solution that suits your individual needs.