Dental Crowns Melbourne
Crowns and Bridges are custom-made restorations that can improve the strength, function and appearance of your teeth.
Crowns, also known as tooth caps, are extremely durable restorations that cover the entire visible part of your natural tooth. They are commonly used to restore extensively damaged teeth to bring them back to a natural size, shape, and colour. They are usually made from porcelain and colour-matched to your teeth and shaped according to your natural smile.
Crowns are recommended for:
- Protecting cracked or fractured teeth
- Strengthening teeth that have been compromised by large, failing fillings
- Repairing extensively damaged teeth
- Re-enforcing teeth weakened by root canal treatment
- Reshaping unattractive teeth as part of your cosmetic treatment
Bridges are an alternative option for replacing one or more missing teeth by using your existing teeth adjacent to the gap for support. Bridges consist of an artificial tooth that is connected to one or more crowns. These crowns are cemented permanently to your teeth adjacent to the gap, essentially “bridging” the gap, and fully restoring your smile.
Bridges are recommended for:
- Replacing single or multiple missing teeth
- Preventing the drifting of the adjacent teeth
- Improving chewing efficiency
- As an alternative to dental implants
If you wish to replace missing teeth with a solution that is almost identical to your natural teeth, you may want to consider dental implants.
At The Point Dental, all our custom-made restorations are of the highest quality and are precisely designed to provide you with a naturally beautiful smile. With proper care, a properly fabricated and fitted crown can last you a lifetime.
Dental Bridges & Dental Crowns Melbourne
For more information regarding the materials and treatments available in regards to crowns and bridges, contact us at our Melbourne practice.